Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dm_Gnu

Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again Empty
PostSubject: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 am

Dear Players of Dalelands Server

Im saying goodbye as DM on this server, and Im going to change to playerside only. The reason for stepping down is simply the huge ammount of time that it requires/takes to be a DM is getting too much for me. Besides beeing Dm here, Im studying to be doctor of Medicine and Im hopefully done next year this time, also got a Irish folk band (I sings, guitar and fiddle (http://www.myspace.com/irsklir)), I do arrange vampire larps in Denmark, kitesurf when wind is fit and do martial arts.

I started playing here as player about 1½ year ago, and became Dm about 1 year ago. I never used toolset so it was damm scary in the beginning, and think my first 10 events was just talking NPC, beeing scared to kill player in combat.
Luckily everyone can learn and in time I managed to do some bigger more intense events which felt good, but often lagging alot of longer storyline.
This winter I started a vampire plotline with Michelle/Allan/vampire covern/Littlehills everyone involved. The plotline ended today, and I would wish that everyone involved could get the full story, since I know most only got bits of it. Sadly I believe that IC should be kept IC so hopefully you will hear the story from some of you IC buddies.
I can only say that it has been VERY rewarding to be a Dm on server, and I have loved to see some very nice RP unfold and charaters dept shine out.

I will still be around on my toons Fohgar Ironhouse/Raegh Darksteel/Targlan Ironhouse, so feel free to say hi. Also go visit the Ironhouse halls which Im so damm proud of, beeing my first and only build area on any server. (The start versions made by Esteve, so i cannot take all the honour =) ).

Thank you all for a great time, and should there be anything I forgot dmside, Im keeping this Forum account for another 2 weeks to finish any business before its done.

Lastly, I want to state clearly, that Its NOT any hacker or problem player that making me leave even though timing makes it looks so. Decision was made a bout a month ago, just needed to finish plotline. Actually the hacker almost made em stay in stubborness, but DONT start hacking just to get me back =)

Roger and over: Dm_Gnu, Dm_Neverhunter, Hounar Mouden
Rl: Mark W Langer

Last edited by Dm_Gnu on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 am

Aww sorry to hear you leave as a DM but yeah it sounds like you have busy times coming. I recently was in one of your Michelle events and it was quite interesting and had a touch of some vampire horror story Smile. The Ironhouse halls look quite cool and much more livelier (even worth the bit of lag I get there sometimes Wink). Good job. Good luck with your studies and I hope to see Fohgar around in game sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Alfie

Alfie

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:44 am

Thank you for everything you gave to the players mate, during my 1 yearish time, thanks for the incredible events, as well as incredible positive efforts that DM-Gnu has put towards players.

I hope you can sort things out in RL in that positivty, and yeah, share some links of the songs will you?

Good thing Fohgar will be around for more crazy dwarven stuff...right? Very Happy

again big props along with whistles and claps, from my side.

Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:47 am

I really enjoyed the one Michelle event I was able to participate in. And I am sorry to see you step down.

Thanks for Volunteering to be DM,
Back to top Go down
pyro

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks for running that stealth event for us, even if it was a total disaster (which had nothing to do with you)! One of the better events I've had the chance to participate in.

Good luck with everything else!
Back to top Go down
_Selvetarm_

_Selvetarm_

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 am

Wish you best of luck on your future endeavors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/
Lairena Eitery

Lairena Eitery

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am

Ironhouse Halls = Epic.

Nuff Said. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.acnnotmyinitialsmoore.com/
Dormouse

Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 am

Gnu you have been a superb Dm and a steady, always positive person. I look up to you as an example (one I fall far short of!)

Utmost respect and you will be sadly, sadly missed Dm side.

Kudos to one of the nicest people I know on Dalelands and one of the outstanding steady DMs.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 am

Gnu.. never really experienced any of you events.. not as far as I know at least.. Looking forward to see you a bit more player-side.

And I know a bit about how much time medicine can take, as my wife finished earlier this year.
And I must admit, nothing much have changed since she started working.

Oh.. and by the way.. Danes rule cheers and you taste in music Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dm_Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 am

Danes rule indeed... I think many people would be scared to learn how big part of the server the Danish people make =)
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

Kuitenknieper

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

I at least partly know, and be assured I wet my pants daily. So DM Gnu is Fohgar, eh? Really, I had no idea. albino

Been in 2 or three of your events, and I particularly enjoyed the sneaky one. Always a blast when roguish types can really play out their abilities. Did get certain parts of the Michelle plotline, and it was a pretty nice storyline, with no success guarantee what I really like. Will pester people in game for more details.

Enjoy your player side, looking forward to party with your dorfs.
Back to top Go down
enigma

enigma

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for all the good times, Gnu! While I only got to participate in your events recently, there were all fond memories. I know I've said this for the umpteenth time, it still tickles me today whenever I remember Elijah getting caught by your epic kemo chairs trap Laughing

You do martial arts in RL? Cool! So do I. Only difference is that I can't get enough of it and had to do it in-game too, heh.

All the best in your RL endeavours!
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 pm

*raises his mead-horn and blows the mighty Gjallarhorn in salute to the dm of wilder-beasts *

(that is what Gnu..means in danish Razz )
Back to top Go down
Blutbadd

Blutbadd

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Ironhouse halls are just phenomenal! Have fun player side mate!!!!

3 cheers
Back to top Go down
Evocati

Evocati

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Ha, I remember your first DM event ever, in the fire ant caves and spawns gone wild. Take care and see you on player side.
Back to top Go down
DM Defiler

DM Defiler

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Much love thrown at!
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:22 pm

You helped me so much hon. Always tried to make sure I kept my head level. I will still be asking advice from time to time. You are a dream DM no matter what others may think Wink Loves hon!!
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Good luck and thanks for everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
N'tol

N'tol

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:08 am

I'm another who never had the chance to interact with you as a DM, but as almost anyone can tell you, I gush over the glory of the Ironhouse Halls pretty much every time I visit. And when I visit as Sten, it's often even IC. LOL

As a tabletop DM, as a World of Darkness ST, and as a practitioner of Jutsu, I salute you sir.
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

Kelticraven

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 pm

I personally not sure if we did interact. But that does not stop me from wishing only the best for you. Being a Doctor takes dedication as does being a DM (computer or paper). The fact your able to see that things needs to change in your personal life shows that you have it in spades!

I wish you well in coming practice and that all your falls on the mat are soft! Coming from another practitioner of the Arts... Tang Soo Do. *Bows to you*
I am sure you will do well in life, and I hope to see you in game!
Back to top Go down
Pathkiller

Pathkiller

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Damn it man, who am I going to send "Hey whats new?" to.

Good luck on the playerside and real life, thank you for any dm stuff and listening to me babble about new/gnu and not banning me Smile
Back to top Go down
Dm_Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm

ehm...ye well... I missed it too much, so Im back...
Back to top Go down
Jakunen

Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

And here I was about to wish you good luck with your studies.

No good luck for you now!

Or something.
Back to top Go down
Vanelier

Vanelier

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 pm

WELCOME BACK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alfie

Alfie

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again 8339_original_YesJackNicholson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again   Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again Empty

Back to top Go down

Dm_Gnu - Goodbye ....and return . . . and then leave again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next